Below is a list of publications that have been published in peer-reviewed academic journals (or that are currently in preparation or under review), organized by topic. Full citation information is available on my Google Scholar profile.
Immune correlates of protection
- Kenny A, Gilbert PB, Carone M. Nonparametric inference for the controlled risk and controlled vaccine efficacy curves. Pre-publication.
- Kenny A, Gilbert PB, Carone M. Inference for controlled risk and controlled vaccine efficacy curves using a marginalized Cox proportional hazards model. Pre-publication.
- Zhang B, Fong Y, Fintzi J, …, Kenny A, …, Follmann D. Omicron COVID-19 immune correlates analysis of a third dose of mRNA-1273 in the COVE Trial. medRxiv, 2023.
- Gilbert P, Fong Y, Kenny A, Carone M. A controlled effects approach to assessing immune correlates of protection. Biostatistics, 24(4):850-865, 2023.
- Huang Y, Hejazi NS, Blette B, …, Kenny A, …, Gilbert PB. Stochastic interventional vaccine efficacy and principal surrogate effect modification analyses of antibody markers as correlates of protection against symptomatic COVID-19 in the COVE mRNA-1273 trial. Viruses, 15(10), 2023.
- Benkeser D, Montefiori DC, McDermott AB, …, Kenny A, …, Gilbert PB. Comparing and combining antibody assays as correlates of protection against COVID-19 in the COVE mRNA-1273 vaccine efficacy trial. Science Translational Medicine, 15(692):eade90, 2023.
- Seaton K, Huang Y, …, Kenny A, …, Gilbert PB, Tomaras GD. Pharmacokinetic serum concentrations of VRC01 correlate with prevention of HIV-1 acquisition. eBioMedicine, 93(104590):1-15, 2023.
- Fong Y, McDermott AB, …, Kenny A, …, Gilbert PB, Koup RA, Donis RO. Immune correlates analysis of the ENSEMBLE single Ad26.COV2.S dose vaccine efficacy clinical trial. Nature Microbiology, 7:1996–2010, 2022.
Stepped wedge cluster randomized trials
- Kenny A, Voldal E, Xia F, Heagerty PJ, Hughes JP. Analysis of stepped wedge cluster randomized trials in the presence of a time-varying treatment effect. Statistics in Medicine, 41(22):4311-4339, 2022.
- Voldal E, Xia F, Kenny A, Heagerty PJ, Hughes JP. Random effect misspecification in stepped wedge designs. Clinical Trials, 19(4):380-383, 2022.
- Voldal E, Xia F, Kenny A, Heagerty PJ, Hughes JP. Model misspecification in stepped wedge trials: Random effects for time or treatment. Statistics in Medicine, 41(10):1751-1766, 2022.
Global health evaluation and implementation science
- Jockers D, Ngafuen R, Baernighausen T, Kessley A, White E, Kenny A, Kraemer J, Geedeh J, Rozelle J, Holmes L, Obaje H, Wheh S, Pederson J, Siedner MJ, Mendin S, Subah M, Hirschhorn L. Implementation of the Liberia National Community Health Assistant (NCHA) program and under-five mortality: a study protocol. medRxiv Preprint, doi:10.1101/2022.07.15.22277669, 2022.
- Downey J, McKenna AH, Mendin SF, Waters A, Dunbar N, Tehmeh LG, White E, Siedner MJ, Panjabi R Kraemer JD, Kenny A, Ly J, Bass J, Huang KN, Khan S, Uchtmann N, Agarwal A, Hirschhorn L. Measuring knowledge of community health workers at the last mile in Liberia: feasibility and results of clinical vignette assessments. Global Health: Science and Practice, 9(S1):S111-S121, 2021.
- White E, Downey J, Sathananthan V, Kanjee Z, Kenny A, Waters A, Rabinowich J, Raghavan M, Dorr L, Halder A, Nyumah J, Duokie D, Boima T, Panjabi R, Siedner MJ, Kraemer JD. A community health worker intervention to increase childhood disease treatment coverage in rural Liberia: a controlled before-and-after evaluation. American Journal of Public Health, 108(9):1252-1259, 2018.
- Luckow PW, Kenny A, White E, Ballard M, Dorr L, Erlandson K, Grant B, Johnson A, Lorenzen B, Mukherjee S, Ly J, McDaniel A, Nowine N, Sathananthan V, Sechler GA, Kraemer JD, Siedner MJ, Panjabi, R. Implementation research on community health workers’ provision of maternal and child health services in rural Liberia. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 95(2):113-120, 2017.
- Kenny A, Basu G, Ballard M, Griffiths T, Kentoffio K, Niyonzima JB, Sechler GA, Selinsky S, Panjabi R, Siedner MJ, Kraemer JD. Remoteness and maternal and child health service utilization in rural Liberia: a population-based survey. Journal of Global Health, 5(2):020401, 2015.
Data collection and quality assurance
- Kenny A, Gordon N, Downey J, Eddins O, Buchholz K, Menyon A, Mansah W. Design and implementation of a mobile health electronic data capture platform that functions in fully-disconnected settings: a pilot study in rural Liberia. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 20(39):1-8, 2020.
- Bruzelius E, Le M, Kenny A, Downey J, Danieletto M, Baum A, Doupe P, Silva B, Landrigan P, Singh P. Satellite images and machine learning can identify remote communities to facilitate access to health services. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 26(8-9):806-812, 2019.
- Kenny A, Gordon N, Griffiths T, Kraemer JD, Siedner MJ. Validation relaxation: a quality assurance strategy for electronic data collection. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 19(8):e297, 2017.
- Berrondo C, Carone M, Katz C, Kenny A. Adherence to perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis recommendations and its impact on postoperative surgical site infections. Cureus, 14(6):e25859, 2022.
- Kentoffio K, Kraemer JD, Griffiths T, Kenny A, Panjabi R, Sechler GA, Selinsky S, Siedner MJ. Charting health system reconstruction in post-war Liberia: a comparison of rural vs. remote healthcare utilization. BMC Health Services Research, 16(1):1-9, 2016.
- Ly J, Sathananthan V, Griffiths T, Kanjee Z, Kenny A, Gordon N, Basu G, Battistoli D, Dorr L, Lorenzen B, Thompson DR, Waters A, Moore U, Roberts R, Smith W, Siedner MJ, Kraemer JD. Facility-based delivery during the Ebola virus disease epidemic in rural Liberia: analysis from a cross-sectional, population-based household survey. PLoS Medicine, 13(8):e1002096, 2016.